The building is exact replica of traditional Deang residence in Dehong Prefecture, Yunnan Province. The building was built by local craftsmen according to the national customs and construction process. The building components were made local and transferred to Beijing for final construction. The building work started in 1999 and completed in 2001.
eang Museum composed by hat shaped wood house, Buddhist temple, the White Tower, village pole, water-splashing kiosk and woodshed. The building complex is arranged as a mountain village. Vegetation is cultivated in accordance with the local climate. The building covers an land area of 1,900 square meters and the construction area is 596 square meters.
Out door and in door display of Deang Museum is a live setting of traditional production and lifestyle of Deang. Exhibits are collected from the Dehong region of Yunnan province, which covered a time span from the Qing Dynasty(1616-1911) to modern times, about two hundred years of history.